An Annual Polish
Caring For Your Prosthesis
We recommend that you have your eye prosthesis checked and polished professionally at least once a year. This gives us the opportunity to assess whether your prosthesis needs any adjustment.
The benefits of an eye polish include:
- Reduced risk of infection and irritation
- Reduction of the “dry eye” feeling
- Better cosmetic appearance
You should have your eye polished if:
- Scratches on your prosthesis are causing infections or discomfort
- You are having trouble with recurring infections.
There are several other problems which you may experience:
- excessive discharge
- rotation of the eye
- pressure on any part of the eye socket.
Please contact us if you experience any of these problems, as all of them can be alleviated.